Friday, June 6, 2008

Maybe Found One





I am still shopping for a donor car. This one looks promising, it's about 250 miles away in Harrisonburg, VA. I'm still the high bidder on ebay though the auction doesn't end until Sunday. Needs some tires and brake work to pass the VA state inspection. Personally, I think it needs some cool rims to go with those tires. If I win I plan on driving it around with the ICE and the top down while figuring out the best conversion method. I left a message with Electro Automotive asking about the wait time on a VoltsRabbit kit. Their phone greeting said it could take a while to get response due to the increased number of inquiries now that gasoline has gotten so expensive.

Another option I am thinking about is attending one of the mini-workshops run by Ampmobile Conversions. If I could be the donor car.. Wow that would be sweet to have the conversion completed in 4 days! Not to mention saving all the fossil fuels that are needed to ship a VoltsRabbit kit all the way across the US. Oh well I haven't even one the bid on this one yet. Talk about counting chickens before they are hatched!

No comments: