Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Day


Driving around the neighborhood on a nice summer day. The car is a little hard to start when cold which I think is pretty common problem for the CIS fuel injected VW's. My family had a '79 Rabbit many years ago and I recall it had the same trouble. My father and I replaced a couple of cold start valves. I'll check that the cold start injector is spraying when grounded and try some of the hints from this blog and see what I can do without spending any money on the ICE. Once going it drives pretty well though needs a few items to make it more comfortable. It needs one of those shift linkage kits as it's hard to find some of the gears. There is a rattle coming from the back of the car when traversing a bump, probably a shock mount. Only one speaker is working and its still needs a good interior an exterior cleaning. Anybody have any hints on what would work well to clean the top?

I'm waiting on my order confirmation from ElectroAuto and searching around on Craigslist and Ebay for tools and other items that are needed for the conversion.

No comments: